Saturday, August 29, 2009

Some people get the munchies...

I just got two bags of platelets today: I am losing track of how many transfusions I've had: up to two a day for a while now. The doctors think my horrible headaches migt be a side-effect of Zofron (an anti nausea medication). And so, they've replaced Zofron with (ta-dah!) Marinol (the active ingredient in marijuana). It comes as a funny, white, round gelatinous pill. I could feel it in about 30 minutes. Sometimes when I've lain in the hospital for a long time, I've felt a sensation of the bed rocking gently under me: the priest says that's God holding me in the palm of his hand. Well, after the Marinol, I felt like the bed underneath me was galloping! It was the strangest sensation--not unpleasant, but like I was on horseback. I think it is hilarious that other people get the munchies from pot, evidently I get a religious experience!

I was hoping if I got the munchies from Marinol, they would finally give me some chocolate! The folks down at the hospital kitchen know I have a peanut allergy. Somehow, in their collective mind, if I am allergic to peanuts, I shouldn't have tree nuts (they aren't related!). Since chocolate is frequently processed in factories that also process tree nuts, they won't let me have any chocolate! Maybe this is the *real* reason I had galloping instead of munchies? God knew they weren't going to give me any brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment