
Another nice episcopal priest (Rev. Linda Green) from Bishop Anderson House of the Chicago Diocese came to see me today and gave me the Sacrament. I love the priestly little travelling communion sets with baby sized chalices, tiny bottles of wine, linens, etc. I feel tied to God when a priest gives me the sacrament and anoints me with oil. Rev. Green said I am close to God and she feels holiness in me. I was very moved by that as I am not special and have so many broken parts.
I am really weak right now--I have .3 white blood cells--I guess that means there is not even a whole one on the job? I am on neutropenic and microbial precaution diets and the only thing they won't let me eat is fresh tomatoes. Interesting! Evidently the special evil of tomatoes is how they are grown--they touch the dirt, and hence have a greater exposure to microbes than tree fruits, for example. I am not sure if they will let me have such loose restrictions at home, as the transplant guide says I can only have certain things (e.g. cantaloupes and bananas) if someone else washes and peels them. Here I am even allowed red grapes, although I am mostly a creature of toast and chicken noodle soup right now.
I am waiting for another platelet tranfusion rigt now: mine are too low again. Last night was very hard. I was in a lot of pain and couldn't sleep. The doctors determined it was the vasculitis and the pericarditis again, and gave good drugs to fix the problem. Solu-medrol takes away my short term memory and computational skills, but it is sure a life saver for me!
I am really weak right now--I have .3 white blood cells--I guess that means there is not even a whole one on the job? I am on neutropenic and microbial precaution diets and the only thing they won't let me eat is fresh tomatoes. Interesting! Evidently the special evil of tomatoes is how they are grown--they touch the dirt, and hence have a greater exposure to microbes than tree fruits, for example. I am not sure if they will let me have such loose restrictions at home, as the transplant guide says I can only have certain things (e.g. cantaloupes and bananas) if someone else washes and peels them. Here I am even allowed red grapes, although I am mostly a creature of toast and chicken noodle soup right now.
I am waiting for another platelet tranfusion rigt now: mine are too low again. Last night was very hard. I was in a lot of pain and couldn't sleep. The doctors determined it was the vasculitis and the pericarditis again, and gave good drugs to fix the problem. Solu-medrol takes away my short term memory and computational skills, but it is sure a life saver for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment