Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A little wine (and maybe a little whining)

As you probably know, my travel and housing expenses aren't covered. I need to return to Chicago every 6 months for the next 5 years for follow-up visits, so those costs really add up (about $8000). Additionally, it looks as though I will have some very expensive medications ($1000-3000 copay...yes, you read that right!). I am not allowed to clean until my platelet counts are normal (6 months), and yet the house is supposed to be spotlessly clean, so I will need help. Kathy Burke is heading up a fundraising committee to help me. It looks as though the first event will involve wine (oooh, that sounds nice!).

Things I need for June--July, 2009:

1) frequent flyer miles for 2 round trip tickets
2) hotel points for 1 night in a Chicago hotel (Immunotherapy wants me there the night before my admission to the transplant ward)
3) love and encouragement

No comments:

Post a Comment